About the company
- Akamuti is an African word taken from the Bemba language of Zambia. It has two meanings. It translates as ‘little tree’ or ‘A little bit of medicine’
- Small family business based in West Wales
- Products are 100% natural and free from preservatives, chemical fragrances and additives
- Try to source ethical and fairly traded ingredients because they firmly believe in responsibility and sustainability
- Source as many ingredients as possible direct from the producer so sustainable trade can improve lives across the world
- Every product they make is handmade from start to finish from individual ingredients by real people (not machines!) All of the recipes are blends of creamy tree butters, waxes and lots of botanical oils
- Everything is made in small batches to ensure you receive your products as fresh as possible, with as much shelf life as possible
Where to buy?
www.akmuti.co.uk ships to Europe, Hong Kong, Japan, Australia and New Zealand. Their delivery charges start at £4.50 and are staggered by weight.
I personally bought my products off www.ecco-verde.com , which is an amazing one-stop online shop for natural beauty products and delivers world-wide. Especially European-wide they have great deals on shipping as well!
My personal experience
Amazing! Their products are so simple, clean and natural and yet very effective! You only need the tiniest bits of everything that I have tried yet, which to me, shows how easy natural beauty really can be. My skin has been loving each product and I am also really supportive of their ethical & sustainable company policies! Oh, and as far as packaging and product scents go? A++ 😉 So, if you are after great, highly effective, everyday skincare- Akamuti is a must in my books!
Products I have tried & reviewed (and love 🙂 )